We all find ourselves rushing around often, this leads to bad decisions and rushed work. Sometimes stepping back and showing patience will gain a better project completed.
We see a lot of faults and poor workmanship that has been left after "the builder just moved the socket" or "the plasterer refitted the lights for us". I'm not saying they're not highly skilled tradespeople, but i am saying that i am an electrician and my plastering is terrible!
So if you're thinking of having a project carried out, thinking you might get that room plastered or bathroom redone, just considering making sure you have the right people doing the work before it starts. I go to so many jobs that the decorator was booked in weeks before and then realised they needed new lights and sockets, it all becomes a stress for everyone involved.
Organizing well in advance helps in so many ways
- Job can be Quoted upfront, we visit all jobs so we can give the right costs upfront. It is very very rare that i have had to add costs on for work that should've been quoted for. But you often see people taking the cheapest upfront quote to only find there's a list of extras they hadn't included. we are always clear what we will supply and write down, as best we can, what work is included.
- Materials can be organised before work begins, you don't need me turning up then going to get the materials. no excuses for losing hours driving around for materials instead of working
- We can liaise other tradespersons before work begins so we can make sure all trades can progress efficiently
- we make sure we have the correct ladders and access equipment onsite
- Bring the correct tools we require for the work to be completed - i keep my van tidy and can access all my materials and tools easily, If i brought all the equipment we use over the year to every job i would have to drive a Lorry!
It is a whole less stressful for all involved!
We have had a lead time of between 2-4 weeks all year more or less, We don't like having to let people down but there's only one person doing our work, from sweeping the office floor, wiring the kitchens, ordering the materials to installing your sockets and lights - though this can seem like a hindrance to us, it means you only ever have to ring one person to get the answer and i don't have to chase hapless employees who have made mistakes on our projects.
If you've got a future project or even just need a small job doing get in touch, we will try and help out where we can at a time to suit.